Nicholls State knocks off Central Arkansas 68-51Feb 25, 2010 - 4:11 AM THIBODAUX, La.(AP) -- Anatoly Bose scored 23 points to lead four Nicholls State players in double figures as the Colonels defeated Central Arkansas 68-51 on Wednesday night.
Bose had seven rebounds and went 6-for-6 from the free throw line and Nicholls State (9-17, 5-8 Southland Conference) forced 16 turnovers and had eight steals to win its second straight. It was Bose's 17th game this season with 20 or more points.
The victory, combined with losses by McNeese State, Lamar and Northwestern State, put the Colonels in a three-way tie for the final conference tournament berth. Nicholls State has three more regular-season games.
The Colonels led by eight points or more in the second half.
Justin Ayers added 11 points and Kellan Carter and Fred Hunter had 10 points each for Nicholls State.
Mitch Rueter scored 12 for Central Arkansas (8-19, 2-11) and Tadre Sheppard added 10 points.
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- Appling, Michigan State rout Nicholls State Dec 1
- Colonels come north seeking upset of 13th-ranked Spartans Dec 1
- No. 14 Missouri cruises past Nicholls State Nov 17