Texas A&M-Corpus Christi beats SE Louisiana 68-57Feb 25, 2010 - 4:44 AM CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas(AP) -- Kevin Palmer scored 26 points, and Texas A&M Corpus Christi withstood a late rally for a 68-57 victory against Southeastern Louisiana on Wednesday night.
Demond Watt added 17 points and nine rebounds for the Islanders (14-13, 8-5 Southland Conference), who had a 25-point second-half lead whittled to six in the last two minutes. A layup and three free throws by Palmer down the stretch helped seal the win.
Rodney Jones had 15 points and Patrick Sullivan 11 for the Lions (15-11, 7-6).
Watt, who shot 81.5 percent in his previous three games, was 6 of 10 from the floor for Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, which snapped a three-game losing streak.
- NCAA BB
SE LOUISIANA 57
TX A&M CORP CHR 68 FINAL
Feb 24 10:09 PM
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 5 roots
Southeastern Louisiana 18, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 40 2nd - 19:55Feb 24 9:16 PM
- NCAA BB
SE LOUISIANA 18
TX A&M CORP CHR 40 HALFTIME
Feb 24 8:53 PM
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19
- Berggren, Wisconsin down Southeastern Louisiana Nov 11
- No. 23 Wisconsin hosts SE Louisiana in 2012-13 lidlifter Nov 11
- Turner helps Aggies down Islanders Nov 26
- No.25 Aggies host Islanders in College Station Nov 26
- No. 16 Memphis edges Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Dec 21
- Jayhawks cruise to school-record 63rd consecutive home win Nov 23