Stephen F. Austin defeats Texas State 77-70Feb 25, 2010 - 4:06 AM SAN MARCOS, Texas(AP) -- Eddie Williams scored 20 points and Jereal Scott added 17 to lead Stephen F. Austin to a 77-70 victory against Texas State on Wednesday night.
The Lumberjacks (19-7, 9-4 Southland), who remained in first place in the East Division, had three other players score in double figures: Walt Harris with 14 points, Orren Tims with 11 and Denzel Barnes with 10.
Cameron Johnson had 18 points and 12 rebounds for Texas State (12-15, 6-7), which has lost five of its last seven games. Uriel Segura added 16 points.
Stephen F. Austin led 64-62 before Tims had a three-point play with 4:04 remaining. That sparked a run, led by a dunk and three free throws by Scott, that gave the Lumberjacks an eight-point cushion with 1:09 to play.
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21