Xavier runs past Saint Louis 73-71Feb 25, 2010 - 3:24 AM ST. LOUIS(AP) -- Jordan Crawford scored 26 points and Jason Love tied a career high with 21 points to lead Xavier past Saint Louis 73-71 Wednesday night.
Xavier (20-7, 11-2 Atlantic 10) used a 16-0 second-half run to go ahead to stay and win its fourth in a row.
Love's two free throws with 4.6 seconds left put the Musketeers up 73-69. Kwamain Mitchell, who led Saint Louis (18-9, 9-4) with 21 points, hit a shot at the buzzer.
Xavier reached the 20-win plateau for the fifth season in succession and the 14th time in the last 15 years.
Cody Ellis added 19 points for the Billikens and Willie Reed chipped in with 18 and a game-high 13 rebounds.
Saint Louis, which had its six-game winning streak snapped, led 49-46 before the Musketeers scored 16 consecutive points. Crawford, the Atlantic 10's leading scorer, hit a pair of 3-pointers to trigger the run.
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25
- Big East's top 2 teams set for high-stakes rematch at Xavier Feb 23
- Xavier's Sumner 'walking, talking' after hard fall at game Dec 31
- Xavier's Chris Mack gets 1-year extension Apr 1
- Arizona pulls away from Xavier to set up Elite Eight rematch Mar 27
- Arizona and Xavier collide in Sweet 16 Mar 26