Big 2nd-half run lifts UNLV past TCU 78-62Feb 25, 2010 - 6:11 AM LAS VEGAS(AP) -- Tre'Von Willis and Chace Stanback scored 16 points to boost UNLV to a 78-62 victory over TCU Wednesday night.
The Rebels secured the win with a 24-8 run following halftime. They built on a 40-25 halftime lead and were up by 31 midway through the second half. Darris Santee had six consecutive points on three baskets during the run.
Defensively, UNLV (21-7, 9-5 Mountain West) stood out by forcing 21 turnovers, compared to TCU forcing 12. The Rebels had 13 steals while TCU came up with five.
Stanback also had seven rebounds and six assists for UNLV.
Ronnie Moss scored a game-high 25 points and Dvonko Buljan had 21 points and 11 rebounds for the Horned Frogs (12-16, 4-9).
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19
- UNLV's Menzies fills out staff with 3 hires May 5
- UNLV approves $3.75 million contract for Marvin Menzies Apr 22
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- UNLV hires Menzies as basketball coach after Beard bolts Apr 17
- UNLV introduces Chris Beard as Runnin' Rebels coach Apr 8
- UNLV hires Little Rock's Chris Beard as next coach Mar 28
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- UNLV freshman Jones Jr. ineligible for rest of the season Mar 2
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee Feb 8
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team Feb 5