Fairleigh Dickinson beats Sacred Heart 64-59 in OTFeb 26, 2010 - 4:44 AM FAIRFIELD, Conn.(AP) -- Alvin Mofunanya had his seventh double-double of the season with 15 points and 15 rebounds and Mike Scott scored 16 as Fairleigh Dickinson rallied from a 19-point deficit to defeat Sacred Heart 64-59 in overtime on Thursday night.
The Knights (11-19, 10-7 Northeast Conference) swept the series with the Pioneers, also winning 88-85 on Jan. 2 after being down 22 points.
Sacred Heart (13-15, 6-11) took a 14-4 lead as the Knights made just one of their first 20 shots.
After the Pioneers led 43-24, Scott hit a 3-pointer to tie the score at 52 with 58 seconds to play, forcing overtime.
Sacred Heart missed three free throws in the final 2:21 of regulation.
The Knights took their first lead of the game, 54-52, 3 seconds into overtime and increased the lead to four.
The Pioneers pulled ahead 57-56, but Kamil Svrdlik scored off his own rebound for Fairleigh Dickinson.
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 64
SACRED HEART 59 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 25 9:50 PM
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 52
SACRED HEART 52 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Feb 25 9:38 PM
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 17
SACRED HEART 26 HALFTIME
Feb 25 8:40 PM
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19