Arkansas State defeats New Orleans, 63-56Feb 26, 2010 - 3:38 AM JONESBORO, Ark.(AP) -- Brandon Reed scored 18 points as a late rally helped Arkansas State defeat New Orleans, 63-56, in Sun Belt Conference play on Thursday night.
Trailing 29-23 at the half, Arkansas State (16-12, 11-6) tied the score at 40-40 off a Jeremy Thomas dunk with 10:59 left to play. The Privateers (8-20, 3-14) continued to hang tough with the Wolves and took a 56-54 lead when Charles Carmouche dunked one in with 2:40 left to play. Those would be the Privateers' last points as the Wolves ended the game on a 7-0 run.
Martavius Adams hit 6 of 8 from the field and finished with 13 points for the Wolves.
Quincy Diggs led the Privateers with 12 points. Carl Blair had a game-high five assists and 11 points.
With 429 points, Reed became the most productive freshman in school history. Jerry Rook (1961-62) previously held the record with 416 points.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- Butler downs New Orleans Jan 5
- No. 17 Butler seeks ninth straight win in clash with New Orleans Jan 5
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18
- Red Wolves hit road to challenge undefeated Racers Dec 17
- Kuric, Louisville win big over Arkansas State Nov 22
- Red Wolves pay visit to seventh-ranked Cardinals Nov 22
- Memphis survives Arkansas State in OT Dec 2
- Western Kentucky rallies late for 65-64 victory Mar 7
- Arkansas State defeats Arkansas-Little Rock 89-82 Mar 7