Wofford knocks off College of Charleston 74-68Feb 26, 2010 - 4:00 AM SPARTANBURG, S.C.(AP) -- Noah Dahlman scored 20 points and Wofford defeated College of Charleston 74-68 on Thursday night.
Jamar Diggs added 19 points, Cameron Rundles 15 and Tim Johnson grabbed 15 rebounds for the Terriers (22-8, 14-3 Southern Conference), who have won eight games in a row.
With the win, the Terriers break a tie with the Cougars and take sole possession of first place in the conference.
Leading 36-33, the Terriers went on a 17-4 run to take the largest lead of the game, 53-37, after a 3-pointer by Junior Salters with 9:01 to play. The Terriers led by at least eight points until the final 30 seconds.
Andrew Goudelock scored 24 points, Tony White Jr. added 16 points and Jeremy Simmons had 10 rebounds for the Cougars (19-10, 13-4), who had their three-game winning streak snapped. It was only the second loss for the Cougars in the past eight games.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20