Coastal Carolina cruises past Liberty 71-48Feb 26, 2010 - 2:54 AM CONWAY, S.C.(AP) -- Mario Edwards scored 13 points and Coastal Carolina cruised past Liberty 71-48 on Thursday night, winning the Big South regular season crown and clinching the No. 1 seed for the conference tournament.
The Chanticleers (25-5, 14-3), off to their best start after 30 games, broke the school record for wins in a season and Big South wins. The 1990-91 team, the last to win the regular season title, had 13 conference victories.
Kierre Greenwood and Chad Gray chipped in 12 points each for Coastal Carolina and Joseph Harris had 11 points.
The Chanticleers never trailed and led 34-15 at halftime. The Flames (14-15, 9-8) pulled within 14 points on two occasions, the last at 48-34 with 10:10 left, but Coastal Carolina used a 10-2 run to pull away.
Kyle Ohman scored 13 points to lead Liberty, which held a 44-41 rebounding advantage, but had 18 turnovers to the Chanticleers' eight.
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 71 FINAL
Feb 25 9:00 PM
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 34 HALFTIME
Feb 25 7:51 PM
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10