Western Kentucky defeats Fla. Atlantic 78-69 in OTFeb 26, 2010 - 2:57 AM BOCA RATON, Fla.(AP) -- Jeremy Evans had 19 points and 17 rebounds to lead Western Kentucky to a 78-69 overtime victory over Florida Atlantic on Thursday night.
A.J. Slaughter scored 19 points and Sergio Kerusch added 11 points and 12 rebounds as the Hilltoppers (18-12, 11-6 Sun Belt Conference) extended their winning streak to five games.
Slaughter, who had scored at least 20 points in four consecutive games, scored seven points in overtime. His 3-pointer gave Western Kentucky a 68-63 lead with 3:06 left and he followed with a jumper for a 72-65 lead with 1:20 to play.
Florida Atlantic (14-14, 10-7) was held to eight free throws in the extra period, missing five shots from the floor.
Steffphon Pettigrew scored 16 for Western Kentucky, which outrebounded Florida Atlantic 44-23.
Greg Gantt scored 19, Brett Royster added 16 and 10 rebounds, and Raymond Taylor added 14 points for the Owls.
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 69 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 25 9:15 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 61 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Feb 25 8:56 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 24 HALFTIME
Feb 25 7:55 PM
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Zeller, Hoosiers cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 22
- Owls hope to soar past sixth-ranked Hoosiers Dec 21
- No. 11 North Carolina routs Florida International Nov 11
- Tar Heels and Owls meet to open Maui Invitational action Nov 11
- Hood helps Bulldogs down Owls Dec 14
- 17th-ranked Bulldogs battle Owls in Starkville Dec 13
- Robinson helps No. 15 Kansas cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 1
- Owls fly into Lawrence seeking upset of 15th-ranked Jayhawks Nov 30
- Gators chomp down on Owls Nov 23