Jacksonville pulls away from Campbell 65-52Feb 26, 2010 - 3:26 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Travis Cohn and Ben Smith each scored 15 points and Jacksonville defeated Campbell 65-52 on Thursday night.
The Dolphins (18-10, 14-5 Atlantic Sun Conference) won their fifth game in a row and broke a tie with Campbell to take over sole possession of first place in the conference.
Smith made 10 of 13 free throw attempts. Ayron Hardy and Lehmon Colbert each added 10 points for the Dolphins.
Campbell led 37-35 at halftime, but Jacksonville made a 15-2 run for a 52-38 lead with 7:48 to play after a 3-pointer by Edwards. The lead didn't dip below eight points again.
The Dolphins scored 17 points off 21 turnovers and the Camels scored only two points on 15 miscues.
Jonathan Rodriguez scored 16 points, Miles Taylor added 14 and Lorne Merthie had 12 for the Camels (18-10, 13-6), who had their six-game winning streak snapped.
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE 65 FINAL
Feb 25 9:23 PM
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE 27 HALFTIME
Feb 25 8:29 PM
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- No. 15 Florida cruises past Jacksonville Nov 25
- Sunshine State melee pits Gators against Dolphins Nov 25
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- Indiana dominates Jacksonville Dec 29
- Jacksonville faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Indiana Dec 28