Wright State edges Youngstown State 76-73Feb 26, 2010 - 4:32 AM YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio(AP) -- Troy Tabler hit a 3 with .5 seconds left to give Wright State a 76-73 win over Youngstown State on Thursday night.
The Raiders (19-10, 12-5 Horizon League), who trailed by 12 in the first half, shot 66.7 percent in the second half (14 of 21) to prevent the Penguins from snapping a seven-game losing streak.
Youngstown State (8-20, 2-15) took a 35-23 lead on Ashen Ward's 3 with 2:13 left in the first half.
Todd Brown's jumper pulled Wright State within 35-34, 10 seconds into the second half, but it wouldn't take reclaim the lead until Tabler's 3 for a 58-57 advantage with 8:33 left.
The Raiders led by four, three different times before Vytas Sulskis' two free throws tied it at 70 with 28 seconds left.
Todd Brown scored 16 for Wright State and Vaughn Duggins added 15.
Sulskis led the Penguins with 15 points and 10 rebounds and Sirlester Martin added 16 points.
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Youngstown State beats Robert Morris 65-58 Dec 2
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Valpo downs Wright State for Horizon League title Mar 12
- Crusaders and Raiders clash for Horizon League championship Mar 12
- No. 11 Cincinnati tops Wright State Dec 22
- Cincinnati hopes to avoid upset in clash with Wright State Dec 22