Eastern Kentucky defeats Tennessee-Martin 84-60Feb 26, 2010 - 3:31 AM RICHMOND, Ky.(AP) -- Justin Stommes scored 12 points and dished out seven assists to help Eastern Kentucky defeat Tennessee-Martin 84-60 on Thursday night.
The Colonels (20-10, 11-6 Ohio Valley Conference) finished with 20 assists, while turning it over just four times. The Skyhawks (4-24, 1-16) had 15 turnovers, leading to 25 Eastern Kentucky points.
Joshua Jones scored 14 points for the Colonels, Robin Mestdagh 12 and Josh Daniel 11.
Eastern Kentucky trailed for the first 10 minutes, until going on an 11-0 run to erase a 17-8 deficit. Joshua Jones' 3 gave the Colonels a 19-17 lead with 9:47 left in the first half. Marquis Weddle's 3 put the Skyhawks back on top, 17 seconds later.
The Colonels then used two 3-pointers and a Tennessee-Martin turnover to go on an 8-0 run and lead for good.
Benzor Simmons scored 25 points and Ron Spencer had 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Skyhawks.
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21
- Colonels face tall task in showdown with Jayhawks Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3