East Tennessee State defeats North Florida 61-46Feb 26, 2010 - 4:19 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Sheldon Cooley came off the bench to score 14 points and East Tennessee State beat North Florida 61-46 on Thursday night.
Micah Williams and Joe Sollazzo each scored 10 points for the Buccaneers (16-14, 12-7 Atlantic Sun Conference), who won their second straight game.
The Ospreys (13-16, 8-11) were held to 30.2 percent field goal shooting (16-for-53). The Buccaneers forced 19 turnovers and outscored the Ospreys 23-7 on those miscues.
North Florida came into the game averaging only 59.6 points per game and was held below 50 for the first time since a 45-43 win over Belmont on Jan. 14.
The Buccaneers led 30-19 at halftime and took their largest lead at 60-41 with 4:13 remaining. A layup by Sheldon Cooley capped the 10-0 run.
Andy Diaz scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Ospreys (13-16, 8-11).
- NCAA BB
EAST TENN ST 61
NORTH FLORIDA 46 FINAL
Feb 25 9:42 PM
- NCAA BB
EAST TENN ST 30
NORTH FLORIDA 19 HALFTIME
Feb 25 8:40 PM
- East Tennessee State tabs Forbes as new men's basketball coach Mar 31
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- No. 5 Michigan State cruises past North Florida Dec 17
- Weary Ospreys come calling on fifth-ranked Spartans Dec 17
- No. 7 Ohio State crushes North Florida Nov 29
- Ospreys challenge undefeated Buckeyes Nov 29
- No. 10 Gators fend off North Florida in opener Nov 9
- No. 10 Florida hosts North Florida in season opener Nov 8
- Florida Gulf Coast downs North Florida in Atlantic Sun quarterfinals Mar 6
- No. 4 Arizona blasts East Tennessee State Dec 23