IUPUI defeats North Dakota State, 66-52Feb 26, 2010 - 2:59 AM FARGO, N.D.(AP) -- Alex Young scored 23 points and IUPUI defeated North Dakota State, 66-52, in Summit League play on Thursday night.
Young hit on 10 of 14 shots. Robert Glenn earned his third double-double of the season with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Leroy Nobles and John Ashworth both scored 10 points for the Jaguars (21-9, 14-3).
The Bison (10-17, 7-10) were led by Michael Tveidt's 17 points and eight rebounds. Josh Vaughn added 12 points on 4 of 9 shooting from 3-point range.
The Bison trailed 30-22 at the half but rallied to tie the score at 42-42 with 9:42 left to play. The Jaguars would go on a 12-4 run from there to take a 54-46 lead that would not be threatened the rest of the game.
IUPUI has now locked up the second seed for the Summit League conference tournament.
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 52 FINAL
Feb 25 9:50 PM
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 22 HALFTIME
Feb 25 8:48 PM
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 10 Texas crushes North Dakota State Nov 15
- Longhorns kick off season of hope against visiting Bison Nov 14