Hill, Franklin carry UWM to 63-61 victoryFeb 26, 2010 - 4:10 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Anthony Hill scored 21 points and Ricky Franklin 20 as Wisconsin-Milwaukee defeated Loyola, Ill., 63-61 on Thursday to split their season series.
The Panthers (17-13, 9-8 Horizon) had a decided advantage at the free-throw line, hitting 17 of 26 attempts while Loyola was just 2 for 3.
Geoff McCammon led Loyola (14-14, 5-12) with 22 points. Terrance Hill added 11.
UWM trailed 30-21 at halftime but opened the second half on a 19-9 run to take a 40-39 lead on James Eayrs' layup with 13:49 remaining.
The teams traded leads for the next 11 minutes before the Panthers went ahead for good, 60-59, on Franklin's layup with 1:52 left.
Loyola won the first meeting between the schools, 69-64, on Dec. 5.
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 63
LOYOLA CHI 61 FINAL
Feb 25 10:05 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 21
LOYOLA CHI 30 HALFTIME
Feb 25 8:56 PM
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18
- Ramblers welcome 11th-ranked Panthers to town Feb 18
- VanVleet powers Wichita State past Loyola-Chicago Jan 28
- Ramblers seek upset of 12th-ranked Shockers Jan 28