Kasamba, Chicago State down North Dakota 71-61Feb 26, 2010 - 5:45 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Kabangu Kasamba had a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds to lead Chicago State to a 71-61 victory over North Dakota on Thursday night.
Kasamba, held scoreless in the Cougars' loss to the Fighting Sioux earlier this month, got help from Carl Montgomery's 16 points and seven rebounds and Antonio Lofton's 14 points. The Cougars (8-19, 3-6 Great West Conference) moved into a tie for sixth place.
Travis Bledsoe went 6 of 12 from 3-point range and scored a game-high 24 points for the Fighting Sioux (8-19, 5-4). Travis Mertens added 10 points, and Jordan Allard had seven rebounds.
North Dakota held its last lead at 20-18, and the game was tied 49-49 midway through the second half. But then Chicago State put up a 7-0 run and cruised home.
The Cougars lost 74-60 at North Dakota on Feb. 13 and had been idle since then.
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30
- North Dakota tangles with No. 12 Wisconsin Nov 19
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 10 Ohio State rolls past Chicago State Dec 29
- Chicago State comes calling on No. 10 Ohio State Dec 29