Covington scores 27 in 74-67 Tennessee State winFeb 26, 2010 - 4:53 AM CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.(AP) -- Robert Covington had 27 points and 16 rebounds Thursday as Tennessee State held off Southeast Missouri State 74-67.
Covington was 13 for 13 from the free-throw line, hit both of his 3-point attempts and was 6 for 12 overall from the field as the Tigers (9-21, 6-11 Ohio Valley) sent the Redhawks (7-22, 3-14) to their seventh straight loss.
Anthony Allison led Southeast Missouri with 30 points.
Tennessee State led by as many as 18 in the first half and was up 43-29 at the break. But the Redhawks used a 10-0 run midway through the second half to tie the game at 52 with 9:13 remaining.
Southeast Missouri took its only lead of the game, 62-60, on a 3-pointer by Marland Smith with 5:14 left, but the Tigers answered with back-to-back 3-pointers from Jeremiah Crutcher and Wil Peters and held off the Redhawks the rest of the way.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- Cotton, No. 16 Wichita State take down Tennessee State Nov 16
- Tigers face daunting task in clash with 16th-ranked Shockers Nov 16
- Bowers and Missouri blow past Tennessee State Dec 8
- Tennessee State seeks upset of No. 12 Missouri Dec 8