Nevada defeats San Jose State 83-79Feb 26, 2010 - 5:46 AM SAN JOSE, Calif.(AP) -- Brandon Fields scored 23 points and Luke Babbitt added 21 as Nevada defeated San Jose State 83-79 Thursday night.
Adrian Oliver had his second straight 35-point game for the Spartans. It was second time this season that Oliver has had back-to-back 30 point games.
Oliver leads the Western Athletic Conference in scoring with a 23.3-point average. It was his eighth 30-point game of the season.
San Jose State (13-14, 5-8) grabbed a 78-76 lead with just 2:13 left on Oliver's jump shot but Nevada (17-10, 9-4) went ahead with 1:14 remaining on Joey Shaw's 3-pointer. The Wolf Pack scored seven of the game's final eight points.
Armon Johnson added 18 points for Nevada.
It was Nevada's sixth straight win against San Jose State. The win was the Wolf Pack's fourth on the road this season.
Babbitt is second in the conference with a 21.6-point average.
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2
- Lobos meet Wolf Pack in MWC clash Mar 2
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25
- Aztecs win 20th straight, beat Nevada Feb 9
- Aztecs put streak on line against Wolf Pack Feb 8