Long Beach State pulls past UC Davis 68-65Feb 26, 2010 - 5:28 AM DAVIS, Calif.(AP) -- T.J. Robinson scored 25 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to help Long Beach State overcome a nine-point deficit and take a 68-65 victory over UC Davis on Thursday.
Casper Ware scored 14 points and Larry Anderson added 13 points for the 49ers (14-14, 7-7 Big West), who stopped a two-game losing streak.
Joe Harden had a career-high 26 points and 11 rebounds for the Aggies (11-16, 6-7). Mark Payne added 12 points and Dominic Calegari scored 10.
The Aggies opened up the second half with a 13-3 run to build a 44-35 lead. The 49ers settled down and slowly came back to lead 53-52 on a 3-point play by Anderson at the 6:24 mark.
After five lead changes and two locked scores, the 49ers took command on two free throws and a key rebound and put back by Robinson followed by a pair of free throws by Ware that made score 68-65 with 22 seconds left to play.
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 68
UC DAVIS 65 FINAL
Feb 26 12:09 AM
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 32
UC DAVIS 31 HALFTIME
Feb 25 10:51 PM
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11
- Aztecs to try and continue dominance over Golden State foes Dec 10
- Missouri gets past Long Beach State Jan 4
- Tigers close out non-league play against 49ers Jan 4
- VCU rebounds with win over Long Beach State Nov 22