Honeycutt leads UCLA past Oregon State 65-56Feb 26, 2010 - 7:00 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Freshman Tyler Honeycutt scored 13 of his career-high 18 points in the first half and had 10 rebounds and four assists as short-handed UCLA rebounded from its most lopsided loss in seven years with a 65-56 victory over Oregon State on Thursday night.
Nikola Dragovic added 14 points - all in the second half - and Malcolm Lee scored 13 for the Bruins (13-14, 8-7 Pac-10), who beat the Beavers for the 11th straight time despite playing without freshman forwards Reeves Nelson (eye surgery) and Brendan Lane (sprained ankle) and senior forward James Keefe (injured shoulder).
The Bruins had lost three of their previous four games, including a 97-68 setback Saturday at Washington, their worst loss since a 79-48 beating at Oregon on March 1, 2003.
Calvin Haynes scored 14 points and freshman Joe Burton had 13 points and a career-high 12 rebounds for the Beavers (12-15, 6-9).
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Oregon State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Oregon State Beavers no longer the Pac-12 surprise Oct 28
- UCLA has deep, balanced team in Steve Alford's 3rd season Oct 28
- UCLA Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA freshman Looney declares for NBA Draft Apr 6
- Gonzaga advances after pulling away from UCLA Mar 28