Canisius defeats Loyola, Md., 74-62Feb 27, 2010 - 3:16 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Tomas Vasquez-Simmons scored a career-high 18 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, and Canisius defeated Loyola (Md.) 74-62 on Friday night.
Vasquez-Simmons also had three blocks to give him 201 for his career.
Greg Logins added 15 points, Elton Frazier had 11 and Frank Turner 10 for the Golden Griffins (14-15, 8-9 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who have won three of their past four games. It was their fourth straight win over the Greyhounds.
Canisius has eight conference wins for the first time since the 2004-05 season and just the third time since 1999-2000.
Jamal Barney scored 20 points, Robert Olson had 13 and Brian Rudolph 12 for the Greyhounds (12-16, 5-12), who lost their fourth game in a row and sixth of their past seven.
Brett Harvey, who scored 28 points for the Greyhounds in the first meeting this season, was held to two points.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 62 FINAL
Feb 26 8:53 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 21 HALFTIME
Feb 26 7:51 PM
- Canisius coach Baron retires after 29-year career May 20
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- Bennett lifts UNLV over Canisius Dec 23
- Canisius heads to Sin City to take on No. 21 UNLV Dec 22
- No. 4 Syracuse routs Canisius Dec 15
- Fourth-ranked Syracuse hosts Canisius in Gotham Classic Dec 15
- Canisius hires Jim Baron Apr 2
- Report: Loyola-Maryland extends Patsos Mar 28
- Thomas pours in 31 as Ohio State routs Loyola-Maryland Mar 16
- Buckeyes battle Greyhounds to begin tournament run Mar 15