Waters leads Portland State past Idaho State 98-63Feb 27, 2010 - 5:06 AM PORTLAND, Ore.(AP) -- Dominic Waters scored a game-high 29 points to lead Portland State to a 98-63 victory over Idaho State on Friday night.
Melvin Jones added 22 points for the Vikings (11-17, 6-9 Big Sky), who snapped a five-game losing streak and secured a berth in the league's postseason tournament. Jamie Jones added 15.
Amorrow Morgan led the Bengals (7-21, 4-11) with 21 points, and Demetrius Monroe chipped in with 15.
Waters broke open a tie game midway through the first half by scoring all 16 points during a 16-8 run that put the Vikings in front 34-26. Portland State then rattled off a 24-9 run that spanned both halves and put the game out of reach.
Portland State forced 22 turnovers and converted those errors into 31 points. The Vikings shot 51 percent despite starting the game 1-for-9 from the floor, and Idaho State shot 44 percent.
- Oklahoma State handles Portland State Nov 25
- Vikings hope to navigate past 20th-ranked Cowboys Nov 25
- Idaho State's O'Brien resigns Dec 19
- Weber State holds off Portland State 69-60 Mar 9
- Portland St. 68, Montana St. 65 Mar 7
- Portland State slips past Montana State 68-65 Mar 7
- Garcia leads Seattle past Portland State 93-80 Mar 4
- Waters, Portland State upend Weber State 84-79 Feb 28
- Eastern Washington defeats Idaho State, 79-71 Feb 28
- Northern Colorado edges Portland State, 64-61 Feb 20
- Hansen helps Weber State down Idaho State 89-64 Feb 20