Lillard, Weber State down Eastern Washington 85-57Feb 27, 2010 - 4:59 AM CHENEY, Wash.(AP) -- Damian Lillard scored 16 of his game-high 18 points in the first half and added seven rebounds and four steals as Weber State rolled to an 85-57 victory over Eastern Washington on Friday night.
Franklin Session added 16 points, Kyle Bullinger 13 points and 12 rebounds and Lindsey Hughey 11 points as the Wildcats (19-8, 13-2 Big Sky) earned their second straight regular-season title.
Glen Dean scored 17 points and Jeffrey Forbes 10 for the Eagles (8-21, 4-11), who were eliminated from postseason play.
Weber State opened a big early lead, getting back-to-back dunks by Session and Lillard during a 13-0 burst and grabbing a 20-5 lead with 14:11 left.
After two foul shots by Eastern Washington's Gary Gibson cut the deficit to 25-13 with 11:45 left, the Wildcats answered with an 8-0 run capped by Hughey's 3-pointer that pushed the lead to 33-13, and they cruised home.
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14