Long Island routs Bryant 71-54Feb 27, 2010 - 11:17 PM SMITHFIELD, R.I.(AP) -- David Hicks and Jamal Olasewere each finished with 13 points to pace Long Island in a 71-54 win over Bryant on Saturday.
Hicks also grabbed seven rebounds and Olasewere recorded three steals for the Blackbirds (13-16, 11-7 Northeast Conference), who swept the season series against Bryant. Long Island defeated the Bulldogs 62-46 on Dec. 3.
Bryant (1-28, 1-17) finished the regular season with its sole win coming against Wagner, which the Bulldogs defeated 53-51 on Feb. 18.
Long Island held a 31-28 halftime lead, but shot 55.2 percent in the second half (16-for-29) to take control of the contest. The Blackbirds also outrebounded Bryant 42-32.
Long Island shot 48.1 percent from the field (26-for-54), while the Bulldogs shot 34.5 percent (20-for-58).
Bryant was paced by Raphael Jordan, who finished with 10 points.
- NCAA BB
LONG ISLAND 71
BRYANT 54 FINAL
Feb 27 5:35 PM
- NCAA BB
LONG ISLAND 31
BRYANT 28 HALFTIME
Feb 27 4:37 PM
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11
- Dower Jr's big night leads Gonzaga past Bryant Nov 10
- No. 15 Gonzaga takes on Bryant in season opener Nov 9
- James Madison advances in win over Long Island Mar 21
- Blackbirds, Dukes clash in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 20
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12