Dayton routs UMass in second half 96-68Feb 28, 2010 - 2:19 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Mickey Perry scored 15 points and sparked a second-half run with four 3-pointers to help Dayton rebound from two straight losses for a 96-68 victory over Massachusetts on Saturday night.
Dayton (19-9, 8-6 Atlantic 10) saw what had been a double-digit lead since halftime shrink to 58-50 midway through the second half. Perry capped an ensuing 28-10 run with four 3-pointers to give Dayton an 86-60 lead with 4:22 to play.
Perry made five of seven 3-pointers and Dayton made 13 of 28 as a team.
Chris Wright added 14 points and Rob Lowery 11 for the Flyers, who had six players score in double figures.
UMass (10-18, 4-10), which had won its past two games at Dayton and had a four-game winning streak against the Flyers, leads the A10 in rebounding but was outrebounded by Dayton 42-32.
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Graham leads VCU past Dayton for A-10 crown Mar 15
- VCU seeks redemption in A-10 title game Mar 15