Givens rallies Drexel past James Madison 67-64Feb 28, 2010 - 4:18 AM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Samme Givens scored 19 of his 21 points in the second half as Drexel came back from an eight-point halftime deficit to defeat James Madison 67-64 on Saturday night.
The teams will meet again on March 5 in the first round of the Colonial Athletic Association Tournament in Richmond, Va.
Chris Fouch sank four free throws in the final 41 seconds for the Dragons (16-15, 11-7) after the game was tied for the 11th time, 62-62.
The second half remained tight after Drexel used an 11-1 run to get a 33-33 tie with 14:37 remaining after the Dukes 12-19, 4-14) had led 32-22.
Givens was 9-for-11 from the free throw line and Fouch 5-for-5 as the Dragons made 21 of 24 in the game, 19-for-21 in the second half, to James Madison's 13-for-19 overall.
Drexel also had a 40-28 rebounding edge.
Pierre Curtis led James Madison with 15 points and Denzell Bowles had 13.
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27
- Wildcats set sights on Dragons in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27
- UCLA wins opener over Drexel Nov 9
- Virginia takes care of James Madison Nov 9