Lehigh defeats Holy Cross 91-80Feb 28, 2010 - 3:43 AM BETHLEHEM, Pa.(AP) -- CJ McCollum scored 28 points and Marquis Hall had 25, and Lehigh beat Holy Cross 91-80 on Saturday night in both teams' regular-season finale.
The duo combined to hit 11 of Lehigh's 15 3-point shots. Hall made 6 of 11 and McCollum hit 5 of 8 from behind the arc. Lehigh shot 53.6 percent from the field (30 of 56), including 55.6 percent (15 of 27) from 3-point range.
The win clinched the No. 1 seed for Lehigh in the Patriot League tournament. The Mountain Hawks face Army in the first round of the tournament on March 3.
Dave Buchberger added 16 points for the Mountain Hawks (19-10, 10-4 Patriot League), who have won two in a row.
Andrew Beinert led four players in double figures with 21 points for the Crusaders (8-21, 5-9), who are the No. 7 seed in the tournament. Mike Cavataio added 17 points, Andrew Keister had 14 and RJ Evans 13.
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- Holy Cross visits Brown to open CIT Mar 17
- Paige, No. 12 North Carolina hold off Holy Cross Nov 15