Indiana State edges Missouri State 75-72 in OTFeb 27, 2010 - 9:39 PM TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(AP) -- Harry Marshall drilled a 3-pointer with 1 second left in overtime, giving Indiana State a 75-72 victory over Missouri State on Saturday.
With game tied 69-69 and 16 seconds left, Indiana State's Rashad Reed hit a 3-pointer. But 11 seconds later, Kyle Weems drained a 3-pointer for Missouri State, setting the stage for Marshall's winner.
Marshall scored 21 points for the Sycamores (17-13, 9-9 Missouri Valley), who broke a two-game losing streak and clinched a spot in the conference tournament quarterfinals. Dwayne Lathan added 15 and Rashad Reed 12.
Adam Leonard hit five 3-pointers and scored 20 points for the Bears (19-11, 8-10), who lost their third in a row and eighth straight on the road. Nafis Ricks scored 16 and Jermaine Mallett 11, and Kyle Weems had a game-high 12 rebounds.
The Bears are relegated to a preliminary game for the conference tournament.
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI ST 72
INDIANA ST 75 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 27 4:21 PM
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI ST 62
INDIANA ST 62 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Feb 27 3:58 PM
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI ST 29
INDIANA ST 28 HALFTIME
Feb 27 2:51 PM
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3
- 14th-ranked Panthers eye up Sycamores in MVC matchup Feb 3
- Bohannon powers No. 20 Northern Iowa past Indiana State Jan 21