Shumpert leads Ga Tech past Boston College 73-68Feb 27, 2010 - 7:46 PM ATLANTA(AP) -- Iman Shumpert scored 24 points, including nine straight late in the second half, and Derrick Favors added 14 points to lead Georgia Tech to a 73-68 victory over Boston College on Saturday.
Tech (19-9, 7-7 Atlantic Coast Conference), improved to 14-1 at home. The Yellow Jackets had lost three of four.
Boston College (14-14, 5-9) was led by Joe Trapani with 26 points. Reggie Jackson added 13 points and Corey Raji had 12 for the Eagles, who had their two-game winning streak snapped.
With Tech leading 56-45 with 8:49 left, Shumpert hit four straight shots, including a 3-pointer, to give the Yellow Jackets a 65-53 lead with 4:06 remaining. The Yellow Jackets biggest lead of the second half was 15 at 54-39 with 11:24 left and led 73-61 with 22 second left before the Eagles scored the last seven points.
- Georgia Tech hires Pastner from Memphis to replace Gregory Apr 9
- Bobinski looking for coach to revitalize Georgia Tech hoops Mar 28
- Georgia Tech fires men's basketball coach Brian Gregory Mar 25
- Georgia Tech's Georges-Hunt 'thankful' for spot in NIT Mar 14
- ACC Tournament could decide Gregory's future at Georgia Tech Mar 8
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- Georges-Hunt's faith finally paying off for Georgia Tech Feb 24
- Georgia Tech is 1 of college basketball's biggest mysteries Jan 26
- Georgia Tech finally shows it can win a close ACC game Jan 11
- 30 Boston College students get sick after eating at Chipotle Dec 7
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Boston College eager for young stars to emerge Oct 26