Creighton tops Bradley 82-71 for 4th place in MVCFeb 27, 2010 - 10:53 PM OMAHA, Neb.(AP) -- Kenny Lawson scored 20 points and Justin Carter had 17 as Creighton topped Bradley 82-71 Saturday in a battle for fourth place in the Missouri Valley Conference.
The Bluejays (16-14, 10-8) scored 13 of the first 16 points and led the entire way while extending their streak of conference seasons with at least 10 wins to 14 years.
Creighton, which shot 58 percent in the second half, swept its season series with the Braves (15-14, 9-9).
The teams will meet again in the MVC tournament quarterfinals Friday.
Taylor Brown scored a career-high 27 points for Bradley, 20 of which came after the break.
Bradley missed nine of its first 10 shots yet pulled within 33-32 at the half when Andrew Warren drained a buzzer-beater from midcourt.
The Braves had two shots to take the lead and another to tie early in the second half but missed all three times.
- Creighton's Maurice Watson Jr. says he's returning to school May 6
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Apr 18
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Feb 10
- Creighton hoping transfers Watson, Huff can spark turnaround Oct 21
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Georgetown fends off Creighton in Big East quarters Mar 13
- Big East tourney action pits Bluejays against Hoyas Mar 12
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Arcidiacono, Villanova tops Creighton Mar 3
- Creighton seeks upset of No. 4 Villanova Mar 3
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21