Stephen F. Austin gets 20th win with 64-43 victoryFeb 27, 2010 - 11:01 PM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Stephen F. Austin won its 20th game of the season and maintained sole possession of the No. 2 seed in the upcoming Southland Conference tournament with a 64-43 victory Saturday over Texas A&M Corpus Christi.
The Lumberjacks (20-7, 10-4 Southland), who have two regular-season games remaining, got 16 points from Jereal Scott and 11 apiece from Denzel Barnes and Eddie Williams. Barnes also had five steals.
Corpus Christi (14-14, 8-6), which was trying to pull into a tie with the Lumberjacks for that No. 2 seed, got 21 points and 11 rebounds from Justin Reynolds, but not much from anyone else. The Islanders made only six second-half field goals, when they shot 26 percent from the field.
Corpus Christi leading scorer Kevin Palmer, who came into the game averaging 19.6 points per game, was 3 for 14 from the field, committed six turnovers and finished with eight points.
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15