Tennessee Tech beats Jacksonville State 72-62Feb 28, 2010 - 4:49 AM COOKEVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Kevin Murphy scored 22 points as Tennessee Tech defeated Jacksonville State 72-62 on Saturday night.
Murphy shot 8-for-13 from the field for the Golden Eagles (14-16, 8-10 Ohio Valley Conference). Alfred Jones chipped in with 12 points and five rebounds. Tennessee Tech snapped a three-game losing streak with the win.
The Golden Eagles held a slim 29-28 lead at halftime, and the two teams remained close for much of the contest. But Tennessee Tech pulled away late, using a 13-4 run to go ahead 66-55 with 2:05 remaining.
Nick Murphy scored 18 points for the Gamecocks (11-18, 7-11), who played only seven players in the game. Jeremy Bynum added 17 points. Jacksonville State closed out its season losing five games in a row.
Tennessee Tech shot 47.3 percent from the field (26-for-55), compared to only 36.5 percent for the Gamecocks (23-for-63).
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE ST 62
TENNESSEE TECH 72 FINAL
Feb 27 10:33 PM
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE ST 28
TENNESSEE TECH 29 HALFTIME
Feb 27 9:27 PM
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22
- No. 18 UNLV downs Jacksonville State Nov 18
- Rebels play host to Gamecocks in Global Sports Classic Nov 17
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2
- Golden Eagles hope to knock Racers out of OVC Tournament Mar 2
- Racers close out regular season with win over Tennessee Tech Feb 26