Cleveland State holds off Wright State 68-63Feb 27, 2010 - 10:01 PM CLEVELAND(AP) -- Jeremy Montgomery scored 18 points and Cleveland State held off Wright State 68-63 on Saturday.
With the game tied for the 12th time at 60 with 1:36 to go, the Vikings scored the next eight points, starting with a Montgomery jumper. Cleveland State then went 6-for-6 from the free throw line to lead 68-60 with 4 seconds to go.
The Vikings (15-16, 10-8 Horizon League) needed to defeat Wright State (19-11, 12-6) to host a Tuesday home-court game in the league tournament. The Raiders beat Cleveland State 73-64 in the first league game of the season Dec. 3.
In the first half, the Vikings used a 19-4 run to lead 19-10, then the Raiders answered with a 15-0 spurt to go up 25-19 with 7:32 to go. The score was tied at 32 at halftime, then the Vikings led by as many as seven before Wright State pulled even.
N'Gai Evans led the Raiders with 22 points and Vaughn Duggins had 14.
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 63
CLEVELAND ST 68 FINAL
Feb 27 4:09 PM
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 32
CLEVELAND ST 32 HALFTIME
Feb 27 2:59 PM
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- No. 6 Virginia gets back to work against Cleveland State Dec 18
- Louisville grinds past Cleveland State for Pitino's 700th win Nov 26
- Cardinals set sights on Vikings Nov 26
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Kentucky fends off upset-minded Cleveland State Nov 25
- Vikings face daunting task against mighty Wildcats Nov 25