Thomas leads Washington by Washington State 59-52Feb 28, 2010 - 6:17 AM By TIM BOOTH AP Sports Writer
PULLMAN, Wash.(AP) -- Isaiah Thomas hit two 3-pointers and scored 10 of his 22 points during a crucial second-half stretch, and Washington squandered a 14-point halftime lead before beating Washington State 59-52 on Saturday night.
With the Huskies (19-9, 9-7 Pac-10) trailing 44-41 after scoring just six points in 12 minutes, Thomas hit a tying 3-pointer. He followed with two free throws and, after a Scott Suggs 3-pointer, Thomas hit again from behind the arc to push the Huskies in front by four, 52-48.
Thomas added two free throws with 3:18 left after a few words with WSU's DeAngelo Casto, and Washington's lead was six. The Cougars (16-12, 6-10) got no closer than two.
Casto matched his career high with 19 points, but Washington State's leading scorer, Klay Thompson, continued to slump. Thompson had five points on 2-of-14 shooting.
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON ST 52 FINAL
Feb 28 12:11 AM
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON ST 21 HALFTIME
Feb 27 10:53 PM
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Washington's Murray, Chriss declare for NBA draft Mar 23
- Why Washington? ACC flexes muscles in big basketball market Mar 8
- Syracuse basketball rallies for ailing Dwayne Washington Mar 1
- Romar reprimanded by Pac-12 for comments after Huskies loss Feb 26
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out Feb 9
- Andrews putting together star season for surprising Huskies Feb 2
- Iona's suspends Washington 2 games for slap Jan 17
- It's early but Washington the only undefeated team in Pac-12 Jan 13
- Washington's Scott Woodward named AD at Texas A&M Jan 8