Young leads Pacific over Long Beach State, 61-51Feb 28, 2010 - 5:57 AM STOCKTON, Calif.(AP) -- Demetrece Young had 16 points, four rebounds and three assists to lead Pacific to a 61-51 victory against Long Beach State on Saturday night.
Sam Willard's 3-pointer and a four-point play by Young began a game-ending 16-8 run by the Tigers (18-10, 10-4 Big West).
Willard had 12 points and seven rebounds.
T.J. Robinson had 19 points and eight rebounds to lead Long Beach State (14-15, 7-8).
The lead changed hands six times in the second half before Michael Nunnally's two free throws with nine minutes remaining gave Pacific the lead for good.
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20