UNLV rains 3-pointers, punishes Air Force 77-47Feb 27, 2010 - 10:40 PM AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo.(AP) -- Chace Stanback scored a career-high 21 points and UNLV hit a season-high 13 3-pointers en route to a 77-47 victory over Air Force on Saturday.
The Runnin' Rebels (22-7, 10-5 Mountain West) used a swarming man-to-man defense to shut down the Falcons (9-18, 1-13). It was UNLV's fifth consecutive victory over Air Force, which has lost seven straight and dropped 13 of its last 14.
Kendall Wallace had 15 points and Oscar Bellfield 12 for UNLV, which shot 58.8 percent. The Runnin' Rebels improved to 9-3 on the road and swept their season series from the Falcons.
UNLV blew the game open midway through the first half with a 17-0 run. The Rebels forced nine turnovers and hit six 3-pointers in the first half to take a 38-19 lead.
Evan Washington and Grant Parker led Air Force with 10 points apiece.
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19
- UNLV's Menzies fills out staff with 3 hires May 5
- UNLV approves $3.75 million contract for Marvin Menzies Apr 22
- UNLV hires Menzies as basketball coach after Beard bolts Apr 17
- UNLV introduces Chris Beard as Runnin' Rebels coach Apr 8
- UNLV hires Little Rock's Chris Beard as next coach Mar 28
- UNLV freshman Jones Jr. ineligible for rest of the season Mar 2
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee Feb 8
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team Feb 5
- UNLV gets back to business with interim coach Jan 11
- Rice resigns as UNLV's coach in middle of fifth season Jan 10
- Air Force downs Western State Colorado 86-66 Dec 29