Shazier, Cohen lead Bucknell past Army, 62-51Feb 28, 2010 - 3:23 AM WEST POINT, N.Y.(AP) -- Darryl Shazier scored 19 points and Bryan Cohen added 14 to lead Bucknell past Army 62-51 on Saturday night.
Thanks to losses by Navy and Lafayette, the Bison (14-16, 9-5 Patriot League) clinched the second seed in the conference tournament, and will host Holy Cross on March 3.
Bucknell shot 45 percent (9 of 20), while the Black Knights connected on just 28.6 percent (6 of 21) in the first half for a 23-15 Bison lead at halftime.
The Bison used a 15-5 run early in the second half to take a 43-24 lead on a pair Stephen Tyree free throws with 8:25 left.
From that point, Bucknell went to the free throw line 28 times, connecting on 21.
The Bison, who shot a season-high in free throws, made 71.4 percent (25 of 35).
Josh Miller scored 11 points and Julian Simmons had 10 for Army (14-14, 4-10), which shot 29.4 percent from 3-point range (5 of 17).
- NCAA BB
ARMY 51 FINAL
Feb 27 9:19 PM
- NCAA BB
ARMY 15 HALFTIME
Feb 27 7:56 PM
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28
- Late run lifts Butler past Bucknell Mar 21
- Bison, Bulldogs square off in East Regional action Mar 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13