Wisconsin-Green Bay defeats Loyola, Ill., 87-71Feb 27, 2010 - 11:33 PM CHICAGO(AP) -- Rahmon Fletcher scored 23 points and Wisconsin-Green Bay defeated Loyola, Ill., 87-71, in Horizon League play on Saturday.
Fletcher hit on 9 of 16 from the field, made 3 of 7 from 3-point range and had six assists. Troy Cotton hit 4 of 6 from 3 and had 19 points. The Phoenix (20-11, 11-7) hit on 10 of 22 (45.5 percent) from the 3-point range.
The Ramblers (14-15, 5-13) struggled from 3, hitting just 4 of 17 (23.5 percent). Walt Gibler led Loyola with 18 points and Courtney Stanley had 14 points and a game-high seven assists.
The Phoenix led 11-6 early in the first half before going on a 23-7 run to take a 34-13 lead with 6:54 in the first half. They would take a 50-30 lead into the half and never be threatened to lose the lead as the closest the Ramblers got was down 12.
The Phoenix will finish in third in the Horizon, while the Ramblers will finish in eighth.
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 87
LOYOLA CHI 71 FINAL
Feb 27 6:07 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 50
LOYOLA CHI 30 HALFTIME
Feb 27 4:52 PM
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18