College of Charleston defeats Furman 69-66Feb 27, 2010 - 11:39 PM GREENVILLE, S.C.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock scored 15 points and College of Charleston defeated Furman 69-66 in the regular season finale for both teams on Saturday.
The Cougars (20-10, 14-4 Southern Conference) scored 20 points off 14 turnovers and shot 45.2 percent from the field (28 of 62).
College of Charleston hit 52.8 percent of its shots in the first half (19 of 36), building a 41-29 lead at halftime.
The Cougars led 47-35 with 15:36 left, but the Paladins (13-6, 7-11) rallied for the game's only tie. Furman's Jordan Miller hit a 3, knotting it at 61-61 with 3:41 left.
College of Charleston went on a 5-0 run in the last 2:25 to seal the win. The Cougars led 65-63 before a jumper by Goudelock with 37 seconds to go and a three-point play by Tony White Jr., 18 seconds later.
Donavan Monroe scored 14 points for the Cougars.
Miller finished with 20 points for Furman.
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 4 Duke handles Furman Nov 27
- Fourth-ranked Blue Devils take aim at Paladins Nov 26
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9