Rosario leads Rutgers to 71-62 win over DePaulFeb 27, 2010 - 11:05 PM PISCATAWAY, N.J.(AP) -- Mike Rosario scored 19 of his 24 points in the second half to lead Rutgers to a 71-62 comeback victory over DePaul on Saturday.
Jonathan Mitchell added 18 points for the Scarlet Knights (15-14, 5-11 Big East), who trailed by as many as 14 points in the first half. Mac Koshwal had 20 points and nine rebounds for DePaul (8-20, 1-15), which lost its 10th straight overall and 22nd in a row on the road.
Rutgers quickly erased a 37-26 halftime deficit with a 12-0 run in the first 2:56 of the second half, capped by a Rosario 3-pointer, that gave the Knights a 38-37 lead with 17:04 remaining.
Rutgers stretched the margin to 12 points, its largest of the game, when James Beatty hit a 3-pointer to make it 56-44 with 9:03 left. DePaul never got closer than four points the rest of the way.
- Rutgers raises $50 million in 4 months for athletics May 10
- Brandin Knight joins Rutgers basketball coaching staff Apr 18
- Rutgers confirms that Hobbs has joined Pikiell's staff Apr 14
- Jay Young hired as assistant basketball coach at Rutgers Apr 11
- Karl Hobbs leaves UConn to join Pikiell's staff at Rutgers Mar 31
- Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell is new Rutgers basketball coach Mar 22
- AP source: Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell is new Rutgers coach Mar 19
- Jordan fired as Rutgers basketball coach Mar 10
- Rutgers on verge of winless Big 10 Conference season Mar 3
- Rutgers suspends freshman Corey Sanders Feb 15
- Podkowa helps No. 18 DePaul women top No. 15 Texas A&M 80-66 Dec 12
- Rutgers faces another tough season in Big Ten Conference Oct 27