Lipscomb holds off Mercer 85-73Feb 28, 2010 - 2:17 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Adnan Hodzic scored a career-high 37 points and had 17 rebounds to lead Lipscomb to an 85-73 victory over Mercer on Saturday.
Hodzic was 15-for-21 from the field to help the Bisons (17-12, 14-6 Atlantic Sun Conference) capture a share of the regular-season conference title and the No. 1 seed for the tournament.
Hodzic has reached double figures in 56 straight games, the nation's longest streak.
He scored 11 consecutive points to help the Bisons stretch a 45-42 lead into a 56-49 advantage with 10:20 remaining. Hodzic hit a layup to cap a 10-2 run for a 66-51 lead with 8:32 to play.
Mercer cut the deficit to 81-73 with 1:13 remaining, but the Bears (14-16, 10-10) didn't score again.
Jordan Burgason scored 17, Josh Slater had 12 and Brandon Brown 11 for Lipscomb.
Jeff Smith scored 17 and Brandon Moore had 14 points and 14 rebounds for Mercer.
- NCAA BB
LIPSCOMB 85 FINAL
Feb 27 8:12 PM
- NCAA BB
LIPSCOMB 32 HALFTIME
Feb 27 6:50 PM
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Tennessee cruises past Mercer to reach Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Mercer seeks another upset in clash with Tennessee Mar 23
- Mercer's late rally stuns Duke Mar 21
- Blue Devils and Bears meet in Midwest Regional battle Mar 21
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18