SE Louisiana tops Central Arkansas in OT, 65-60Feb 28, 2010 - 12:59 AM CONWAY, Ark.(AP) -- Brandon Fortenberry scored 17 points and Southeastern Louisiana defeated Central Arkansas 65-60 in overtime on Saturday.
Trent Hutchin scored 11 points, and Patrick Sullivan and Robert Tibbs each had nine points and 10 rebounds for the Lions (16-11, 8-6 Southland).
Mitch Rueter's free throws with 54 seconds left gave Central Arkansas (8-20, 2-12) a 53-52 lead with 54 seconds left in regulation. Fortenberry made the second of his two free-throw attempts with 10 seconds remaining to force overtime.
The Lions never trailed in overtime, with Fortenberry's 3-pointer putting them ahead to stay at 58-55.
Rueter led the Bears with 18 points. Jared Rehmel had 12 points and Dewan Clayborn added 10, with Carlos Dos Santos scoring eight points and contributing 10 rebounds.
Southeastern Louisiana led 25-24 at halftime. Neither team shot well from outside, with the Lions making 36 percent of their shots and the Bears making 33 percent.
- NCAA BB
SE LOUISIANA 65
CENTRAL ARK 60 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 27 7:21 PM
- NCAA BB
SE LOUISIANA 24
CENTRAL ARK 25 HALFTIME
Feb 27 5:55 PM
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- Berggren, Wisconsin down Southeastern Louisiana Nov 11
- No. 23 Wisconsin hosts SE Louisiana in 2012-13 lidlifter Nov 11
- UNLV drops 124 on overmatched Central Arkansas Dec 29