Porter scores 29 as Oregon holds off UCLA 70-68Feb 28, 2010 - 12:22 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Tajuan Porter scored 29 points, including the go-ahead 3-pointer with 49.6 seconds remaining, and Oregon beat UCLA 70-68 Saturday to end a six-game losing streak at Pauley Pavilion.
Porter's seventh 3-pointer snapped a 65-all tie and came after the Bruins (13-15, 8-8 Pac-10), in their final home game of the season, rallied from a 14-point second-half deficit.
UCLA's Jerime Anderson committed a turnover with 27 seconds left, and Jeremy Jacob then made two foul shots on four attempts to clinch the victory for the Ducks (14-14, 6-10). Michael Roll's 3-pointer with less than a second remaining completed the scoring.
Jacob matched a career high with 19 points and had 10 rebounds.
Roll equaled his career high with 25 points, Malcolm Lee scored 18 and Tyler Honeycutt had 13 rebounds and nine assists.
- NCAA BB
UCLA 68 FINAL
Feb 27 6:57 PM
- NCAA BB
UCLA 31 HALFTIME
Feb 27 5:47 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29