Drca helps Utah pull away from Wyoming 74-64Feb 28, 2010 - 1:41 AM SALT LAKE CITY(AP) -- Luka Drca scored 10 of his 17 points in the final six minutes to help Utah pull away from Wyoming for a 74-64 victory Saturday.
Drca scored the Utes' last field goal, a 3-pointer with 3:58 remaining, to give them a 64-56 lead. The Utes (14-14, 7-7 Mountain West Conference) then converted 10-of-12 free throws down the stretch to secure the win.
Desmar Jackson scored a career-high 31 points for the Cowboys (9-19, 2-12), who lost their eighth straight and for the 11th time in 12 games. Wyoming's only win during that stretch was at home against Utah.
Carlon Brown scored 16 points, and Shawn Glover added 10 points as the Utes won consecutive games for the first time since early January.
Utah outrebounded Wyoming 37-26, and the Cowboys finished 1 of 13 from 3-point range.
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Athletic big man Jakob Poeltl shines in post for Utah Feb 16
- Utah coach Krystkowiak says time to put 'big boy pants' on Feb 9
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- No. 16 Utah, Krystkowiak look to pick up offensive pace Nov 11