Radford rallies to beat Winthrop 54-52Feb 28, 2010 - 12:41 AM RADFORD, Va.(AP) -- Art Parakhouski had his nation-leading 24th double-double and scored the winning basket as Radford rallied from a 14-point deficit to defeat Winthrop 54-52 on Saturday.
The game determined the No. 2 seed in the Big South Conference tournament.
Parakhouski was 8-for-18 from the field to score 24 points with 15 rebounds for the Highlanders (18-11, 13-5), who have won four straight and seven of eight. Radford also swept the series.
Winthrop (16-13, 12-6) had its biggest lead at 32-18 and led 52-40 with 9:25 to go.
The Highlanders used a 12-0 run, capped by a Parakhouski layup to tie the game at 52, but Parakhouski missed the subsequent free throw. Amir Johnson stole the ball from Mantoris Robinson with 22 seconds left, setting up a Parakhouski layup with 1 second to go.
Joey Lynch-Flohr added 12 points for Radford.
Robinson paced Winthrop with 14 points.
- Northern Iowa's winning culture leads to NCAA bid Mar 11
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Terps pull away to beat Winthrop Dec 6
- 21st-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 6
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- No. 14 VCU pulls away from Winthrop Nov 16
- Winthrop hits road to challenge No. 14 VCU Nov 16
- No. 7 Ohio State overcomes slow start to down Winthrop Dec 18
- Seventh-ranked Buckeyes seek to ground Eagles Dec 18
- Winthrop tabs Kelsey as next men's basketball coach Mar 29