Toledo ends 19-loss streak, beats Ball State 45-42Feb 28, 2010 - 3:18 AM TOLEDO, Ohio(AP) -- Justin Anyijong scored 13 points and grabbed seven rebounds as Toledo snapped a school-record 19-game losing streak by beating Ball State 45-42 on Saturday night.
The Rockets (4-26, 1-14 Mid-American Conference) led 30-15 at halftime, outshooting the Cardinals 48 percent (12-for-25) to 15.8 percent (3-for-19) in the first 20 minutes.
Toledo's shooting turned cold in the second half, dropping to 26.3 percent (5-for-19), but Ball State didn't improve enough, making 34.6 percent (9-for-26). The final margin was as close as the Cardinals (15-13, 8-7) got since the game's first 8 minutes.
Ball State's loss dropped it into a three-way tie with Eastern Michigan and Central Michigan atop the MAC North Division with one game left in the regular season.
Randy Davis had 14 points and eight rebounds and Jarrod Jones had 13 points and 11 rebounds for Ball State.
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15