Liberty rallies to beat Charleston Southern 74-61Feb 28, 2010 - 3:59 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Evan Gordon scored 24 points and Liberty defeated Charleston Southern 74-61 in the regular season finale for both teams on Saturday night.
Gordon was 8 of 11 for the Flames (15-15, 10-8 Big South Conference), who shot 52.4 percent in the second half (11 of 21).
With it tied at 44-44 with 11:59 to play, Liberty scored five straight to lead for good, 49-44, on Gordon's 3 with 10:56 remaining.
The Buccaneers (13-16, 7-11) trailed 31-28 at halftime, but scored the first seven of the second half to lead 35-31 on Kelvin Martin's layup with 17:05 to play.
The Flames shot 63.6 percent from 3-point range (7 of 11), including a 3-for-3 performance from Gordon.
Jesse Sanders chipped in 16 points, and made 8 of 12 free throws for Liberty.
Martin finished with 22 points and Theron Stephens added 13 for Charleston Southern, which outscored Liberty 30-16 in the paint.
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 61 FINAL
Feb 27 9:38 PM
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 28 HALFTIME
Feb 27 8:32 PM
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- No. 12 Arizona tops Charleston Southern Nov 11
- No. 12 Arizona opens season against Charleston Southern Nov 11