Morehead State beats Tennessee-Martin 73-63Feb 28, 2010 - 4:26 AM MOREHEAD, Ky.(AP) -- Kenneth Faried scored 15 points to help lead Morehead State past Tennessee-Martin 73-63 on Saturday night.
Terrance Hill and Les Simmons chipped in with 12 points each for the Eagles (21-9, 15-3 Ohio Valley Conference). Morehead State closed out its regular season winning four of its last five games.
The two teams were tied at 28 at halftime, but the Eagles used an 11-2 run in the second half to assume a 52-40 lead after a layup from Hill with 11:24 remaining in the contest. Tennessee-Martin cut the deficit to four points, but was unable to get any closer.
Marquis Weddle scored 20 points to pace the Skyhawks (4-25, 1-17), who lost their last six games.
Morehead State scored 25 points off of 20 Skyhawks turnovers.
The Eagles finished the season in the second spot of the OVC standings, while Tennessee-Martin finished in last place.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- Morehead State suspends Woods for one game Nov 23