Montana St. 73, Montana 67Feb 28, 2010 - 6:01 AM MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) -- Will Bynum scored 22 points and Bobby Howard added 17 as Montana State clinched the No. 3 seed in the Big Sky Conference tournament with a 73-67 victory against Montana on Saturday night.
Howard had 12 rebounds for the Bobcats (15-13, 10-6 Big Sky), who tied Montana for third in the league standings but earned the higher seed due to sweeping the season series.
Tournament play begins on March 6 with the Bobcats hosting sixth-seeded Portland State and No. 5 Northern Arizona at fourth-seeded Montana. The semifinals and finals are in Ogden, Utah, on March 9-10; top-seeded Weber State and No. 2 Northern Colorado earned byes to the semis.
Anthony Johnson led Montana (19-9, 10-6) with 31 points, and Derek Selvig had 14.
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- Montana tabs DeCuire to replace Tinkle May 31
- Montana dismisses Coleman Jun 7
- Syracuse advances in rout of Montana Mar 22
- Orange set sights on Grizzlies in East Regional tilt Mar 20
- Montana repeats as Big Sky champions Mar 17
- Weber State takes on Montana in Big Sky title game Mar 16
- Montana gives Tinkle, Selvig extensions May 25
- Balanced attack leads Wisconsin in rout of Montana Mar 15